Every day I see flyers stuck under windshield wipers in cars parked along the street. I don't know why, but I've been collecting them for over a year now. A slice of Paris life.

I have no knowledge of or vested interest in the establishments advertised in these flyers.

If you see a bona fide Paris windshield advertising flyer and would like to have it posted here, submit the scanned version to me at pollyvousfrancais [at] yahoo [dot] com and I'll do my best to include it. With attribution, of course!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Talky


Forfait is another one of those faux amis. It means "plan," i.e., a calling plan or package. Not forfeit.

2 comments:

Starman said...

Am I imagining or are they advertising 2 hours per month for €22,90 (which would be $33.97)? I had heard that cell phone usage was expensive in France, but that's just crazy.

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Interesting.

I don't look at these too closely. Is that price perhaps for the two?