Every day I see flyers stuck under windshield wipers in cars parked along the street. I don't know why, but I've been collecting them for over a year now. A slice of Paris life.

I have no knowledge of or vested interest in the establishments advertised in these flyers.

If you see a bona fide Paris windshield advertising flyer and would like to have it posted here, submit the scanned version to me at pollyvousfrancais [at] yahoo [dot] com and I'll do my best to include it. With attribution, of course!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Introducing Pare-Brise du Jour

pare-brise: n. masc. windshield, windscreen


Every day I see flyers stuck under windshield wipers in cars parked along the street.

I don't know why, but I've been collecting them for over a year now. A slice of Paris life. Now it's show and tell time. One a day, usually... I'll start off with a few.

Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in or knowledge of the services or products promoted in these flyers.



9 comments:

Mo said...

Comments, Polly you have comments! I am so excited for you! I was a little worried about the Haiku contest, you see the last one I wrote was back in Sister Mary Denise's 4th grade classroom.

I'm so excited to be the person to comment.

Polly said...

Thanks Mo! I'm pretty lame at haiku, too, but others are champs. Keep writing!

Misplaced said...

Great idea!

I too am glad to be able to comment but have heard nothing about a haiku contest- I recently wrote one about RUSH HOUR 3- where can I submit it?

Polly- I love your blog- Thanks!!

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Pretty soon I should have comments on Polly-Vous Francais, if I can handle the multitasking. Until then , stay tuned for a "Why Polly doesn't have comments enabled" (see "contest Winner" three days ago) haiku/limerick contest. I guess entries could get posted here, unless that's too circuitous for some....

Polly-Vous Francais said...

This old post might explain a bit...

http://pollyvousfrancais.blogspot.com/2007/04/little-mommy-in-middle-rant.html

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope that you signed up for the tap dance classes...then you can shuffle off to Buffalo!

What a hoot...comments! I look forward to adding a new site to visit compliments of P-V-F.

What fun!

Meilleurs voeux!!

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Well this is a whole learning curve for me -- comments!

Anonymous said...

Hi PV

i yearned for some of those ads i'd see on the windsield, but never dared to snitch one. i was afraid the ad cops'd catch me out. Good for you.

And i saw that shoe one too.

next time, next time

m a

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.